Triband phones

I’m not a big fan of email or ringtones on phones, but if you’re getting a new phone with a camera (also not particularly useful, I don’t think, unless you want to sneak a few shots at a concert or something) be sure to get a triband phone. You need a triband phone with GSM for use in Mexico, France or U.K. and possibly elsewhere — it’s supposed to be an international standard. It’s about $3/min in Mexico & $2.50/min in France, so it’s only use is to initiate calls you would complete using a calling card on a public phone. It beats hotel rates, however.